I have completed a very cool rssReader plugin for the next installment of ColdBox. This is a stand alone plugin that I would like the community to try out and see if it would make sense to add it to the core plugins list for version 2.6.
What is so special on this plugin?
- Uses a file caching technique by serializing/deserializing the rss structure into bytearrays.
- The file cache is configurable and has an exposed API for you to use.
- One standard format for RSS or ATOM feeds
- ISO86901 and RFC822 Date Formatting and parsing. All dates are translated to standard coldfusion date strings. No need to translate or parse.
- Easily to configure via your coldbox.xml.cfm
- Ability to return feed items as a query or array of structures.
Those are some of the features of this plugin. The plugin is built using a cfhttp method, so its compatible with cf7 and cf8. Anyways, take it for a spin and let me know your thoughts on it. Especially if you think the plugin would be beneficial for the next ColdBox version 2.6